Take the Low Carbon Lunch Challenge
Did you know that the food system is responsible for approximately 1/3 of global greenhouse gas emissions? Reduce your carbon footprint and take a bite out of climate change, starting with your lunch. Take the Tread Lightly LOW Carbon Lunch Challenge! Eat Local, Organic and Waste-free and challenge your friends and peers to do the same. Anyone is welcome to join this challenge. You don't need to be a TIG member to participate; however, TIG members will receive a profile badge at the end of the challenge!
Ways to participate:
1. COMMIT to taking the LOW Carbon Lunch Challenge.
2. CHALLENGE your friends and peers to join you in eating LOW - Local, Organic and Waste-free! Send them an e-card to invite them to pledge their commitment.
3. PLAN a LOW Carbon Lunch event a way to encourage others to eat more sustainably. Organize a luncheon, farmers market, or food swap. Or come up with your own ways to eat low carbon.
4. PROMOTE your event using the TIG resources. Add your LOW Carbon Lunch event to the TIG events database.
5. DOCUMENT your lunch event on the LOW Carbon Lunch group blog.
6. TEACH secondary students about the importance of reducing food footprints of using the Tread Lightly Low Carbon Lunch lesson plan.
The Low Carbon Lunch is a part of the Tread Lightly climate change education initiative created by TIG, with the generous support of the Staples Foundation for Learning. For more information on the Low Carbon Lunch, visit: http://co2lunch.tigweb.org